 Trains / 21701
    Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick —John Hill
   Now if I can just steel myself enough I will be taking the motor out of a train motor and fitting a HO scale decoder inside with the motor outputs going to the 2x2 connector. I will put this in a train with a modified 12-9V connector cable to a 12V (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick —David Koudys
   (...) I don't have a 12v motor but this mod should be pretty easy. Good luck with that. As for modifying--for my good friend that asked, here's a walk thru: (URL) K (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick —John Hill
   (...) Yes! It works, I came home this evening and cut open a perfectly good brand new 9V motor and put a 1.5 amp decoder inside and connected it to the 2x2 electrical plate on the motor housing. Now I have those old 12V locos running again. They (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick —David Koudys
     (...) Sweet! Love to see pics sometime :) Yeah, the 9v train housing is a strange animal, but I'm pretty much used to it now. My biggest qualm is the lack of 'fake middle wheel' expandability for 3 wheel power bogeys to emulate newer NA locos. Right (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick —John Hill
     (...) I have trouble accepting the destruction of a perfectly good 9V motor so I guess I will not be making many of these. Unless of course I stumble across a few 'dead' motors!! My best 12Volt locos have two motors so the power pick-up bogey has to (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick —David Koudys
     In lugnet.trains, John Hill wrote: <snip> (...) Lets see--there's Brickshelf... there's MOC pages... probably lots more but those are two specifically catering to the LEGO community :) I don't use either so you'd have to find info about setting up (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: DCC chip installed in accessory brick —Thomas Stangl
   I'm wondering...... Would it be possible to pull the metal wheels from a dead 9V train motor, and fit them into a standard wheelset frame, and convert it into a power pickup? Seems to me it should be possible, it's just how much work it would be. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)