 Trains / 2158
    Power supply —Paul Foster
    I have a real nice HO layout power pack with handheld remote laying around but no speed regulator. I have started buying some train stuff but if I just buy the speed regulator power to rail connectors from Shop at Home, can I just wire those into (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Power supply —Jeff Christner
   (...) Paul, Thats exactly what I did for my old Nova Township layout. I used an MRC Tech II powerpack instead of the LEGO one. I didn't feel that the LEGO power pack had a slow enough low speed. I soldered my wires directly to the track, but I'm (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Power supply —James Powell
    (...) Yes you can do exactly that. I have it done somewhat like that for my setup right now. (there are some RS switchs for control before the layout, housed in a lego box). (...) The only problem I have is that the motors are noiser with the MRC (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Power supply —Steven Barile
   I also have an MRC Tech II (I think that's the model). When you use it wit your trains do you keep "pulse" on? This is what make slow speeds possible but may also cause the extra noise. SteveB (...) in (...) long (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Power supply —James Powell
   (...) I have both a 2400 and a 1500. The 2400 has control of the pulse power feature, wereas the 1500 does not. I usually leave it off, as the speeds we are dealing with even in lego trains are not anything like as fine as I deal with in oo James (...) (25 years ago, 17-Sep-99, to lugnet.trains)