 Trains / 21513 (-20)
  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) Can't speak for the other colors but I think the black matches VERY closely. I like the feel of the plastic too, and there's very little flash too. Sign of good tooling if you ask me! (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) My guesses are that this tooling has been under development for some time, certainly well before Ben's analysis was posted... so these ideas were not known at the time of development. Redoing tooling at this point will add a lot of cost, I (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:Ho0K74.CrC@lugnet.com... (...) Ben's Driver Wheels are now posted as a ILTCO Sneak Peek! (URL) Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (URL) - (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 48 x 48 baseplate + Train Track + Race Track

(...) That someone was Kevin Loch and other participants at a meeting of the WamaLTC earlier this year. Abe Friedman's photograph of the result: (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  LUCNY exhibiting at the Oswego Valley Railroad show

LEGO Users of Central New York; LUCNY... ...will be displaying our latest buildings, rolling stock, automated switches, modified track geometry, stock LEGO train kits, etc. at the 21st Annual Oswego Valley Railroad Association's Train Show in (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

(...) Most of it looks great, however like Manfred mentions, why no opening for the 1*1 round plate, and also it seems as if the hole for a driver rod is actually recessed instead of standing out, which makes it a lot harder to make a smooth running (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote: Please do not regard this as a complaint, I'm just curious about some principal design choices: Why has the idea of sizing an opening allowing the user to insert a 1x1 round plate covering the axle hole, been (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 48 x 48 baseplate + Train Track + Race Track

(...) No, I think it IS true. Try putting the race track on the outside of 2 32 stud baseplate road curves... (...) I think it was but I can't find it. Someone did this track, train track, mono track all alongside each other to see how it lined up. (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  Re: teaser teaser (was Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) Well that didn't take long! (URL) and read the current first news article. (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

They're not made yet. It's likely that they will be molded from pre-existing colors pallets. I don't know the pallet palette (that was fun to say), maybe Ben can answer that when he gets on line (which might be a couple days, he told me). SteveB (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  48 x 48 baseplate + Train Track + Race Track

I just bought 2 cheap copies of 4588 Off Road Race Track (URL) a 48 x 48 baseplate 3 race track curves former a quarter circle that has ends 12 studs from the corners. I don't have any train track with me but I know 4 curve lengths form a quarter (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.space)

  Re: Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

How closely do the colors match with LEGO colors? (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Steam Drivers by Big Ben Bricks!!!

Hi All, I just hung up with Ben Fleskes and he OK'ed the news article that is now on www.ILTCO.org! There is some more information about these drivers and several pictures too! Come have a look! SteveB ILTCO Pres (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

while I was walking the dog I thought about your post and actually said 'yay' out loud, much to the consternation of some passers-by! the only problem is that you have ruined one of my 'lottery winning daydreams' :) Tim (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: teaser teaser (was Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) I was tempted to mention that I fail to see the relevance of your social work occupashion sic to the topic at hand. Luckily, I resisted that urge. Thanks, -s (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) Very similar... that raises some Q's, since Ben's design was 100% spot-on. (...) Sounds great! (...) Let's hope the Elf does int'l shipping and has enough supply to meet the demands of us trainheads :D Paypal loaded up and ready! (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains)

  teaser teaser (was Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) I counsel patience... AND that you haunt the leading source of LEGO train information, you never know WHAT you might find there. NO promises, mind you. (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) Durnitall. I knew I should have boldfacaed, underlined, and italicized the word "quantifying". (...) Show yourself, Elf, and accept our praises! -s (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) Hmmm... A "little more information"... Hmmm... How to put this... How about, "Cheaper than I had expected", or "cheaper than what I had considered a 'fair price'"... I'll leave the actual dollar amount to the Elf, for whenever they're ready to (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Teaser: New Driver Wheel

(...) Could said Elf be coerced to provide a little more information quantifying the "very fair price"? I'd like to know whether I can pick them up with my weekly spending allowance, or whether I shuld put these on a Christmas list? VERY exciting (...) (21 years ago, 7-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact