 Trains / 21363 (-20)
  Re: "Super Friction Specials" - Question at Jake / TLC

(...) Ben, great talking to you (and meeting you for that matter!) at LEGOWorld. As mentioned in person, I was actually in Denmark last week, and had a chance to talk one of train (among other things) designers. He was aware of the problems, and (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

(...) Wait a minute. I thought the point of building a train out of LEGO was that it would be cheap and easy to make repairs. Having a burned and otherwise rusted or mutilated train really should never happen at all because that's not the way that (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

Easy, use Megablocks. Then you don't care how bad you melt, beat, cut, hack, dismember, burn, discolor, paint, etc... Or, if you're me, do it from Lego just to hear the screams of purists... It's even more effective when you have an ACTUAL live (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

(...) Hi Kev...... Blasphemy I know.........but......... Build it and then use a hot air gun to melt/warp the plastic......... Use blunt objects to 'mold' your fire damage........ Obviously, I would use WELL USED bricks.....:-D Thanx, Mark Millere (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  How to model a wrecked train in Lego??

Hi. Just came across this photo and it put me to work thinking about how to model something like this out of Lego bricks. Substantial modifications of bricks may be necessary to do it right. Take a look: (URL) Salm__ LUCNY Trim newsgroups from (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: IndyLUG Oct 18,19 GATS pictures

(...) Yes. This was done by one of our newest guys, Chayme Higgins. (...) That one is mine. It spans an 8 base plate gap in our layout (our tables are 4 x 8 baseplates). Besides, size does matter... ;-) (...) The roundhouse area is Jeremy Spurgeon's (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: automated level crossing question?

Thanks guys. My first piece of automation worked fairly well. Gail Meagher NovaLUG (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: another blue ribbon for a LEGO Train Club

(...) Congrats. Looking forward to the pictures. -Brian (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: another blue ribbon for a LEGO Train Club

Incredible, with the LTC's winning blue ribbons. Sure is a far cry from two or three years ago, when Lego trains were almost unknown to the general public :) -HRH (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Random thoughts on Mag-Levs..

(...) be (...) wasn't (...) to (...) Funny thing you should mention that. One of the ideas I had for propulsion (obviously the hardest part of these kinds of models) was to add some electronics and electromagnets inside the train. 3 electromagnets (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: IndyLUG Oct 18,19 GATS pictures

(...) LOTS to like! Glad to see Homer J. Simpson International Airport made another appearance... Is that an oil platform in the center of the harbor? And that red truss bridge, it's so big! This shot shows off the signal bridge nicely: (URL) ... (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: another blue ribbon for a LEGO Train Club

(...) That's why I didn't bother to name our club in the subject line... ;-) (...) Two new modules are partially completed, so we're *almost* up to half a rectangle. We're working on building a mountain in the corner of the layout across two (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: IndyLUG Oct 18,19 GATS pictures

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Brian Darrow wrote: > Here's the pics from the IndyLUG layout this past weekend October 18th & > 19th at Indianapolis. These pics are pretty comprehensive and will give > everybody a look at the things we are doing out here (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Random thoughts on Mag-Levs..

(...) Maglev eh? Brad was asked about that at LW... I forget where I saw maglev done before... at BricksWest 2003, in the LLC pavilion space I think. They had a different arrangement of magnets though. Yours might actually use a few less. I gotta (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Twin Wizards Abode (CCC Halloween Theme)

(...) Well, not only that, but CCC buildings make *fine* old european village buildings for those eurotrash train layouts as well. :-) PS, as far as the train wagon plates go, I've started to think that they might not make bad large flat roofs, with (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: another blue ribbon for a LEGO Train Club

(...) BORING! This constant winning of first place by LEGO train clubs is really starting to get tiresome. :-) Seriously, congratulations and we're all keen to see the pictures so get looking! Any new modules this show or is it basically the same (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  another blue ribbon for a LEGO Train Club

I pleased to announce the GMLTC took the first place blue ribbon at this weekend's GATS show in St. Paul, Minnesota. We had a great location right inside the main entrance, and we had people around the layout the whole weekend. Pictures to come (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains) !

  Twin Wizards Abode (CCC Halloween Theme)

Check out our latest CCC compatible MOC from our (URL) homepage> just in time for Halloween! (2 URLs) What does this MOC have anything to do with Trains? I've got several of the (URL) 10015 Passenger Wagon> on sale and figured out a way to use the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  MOC: Railbus

The railbus can be seen here: (URL) have been working on this lately, but decided to build a 2-car commuter trains instead. The railbus looks good, but I believe that a longer train will look better. My idea was to use this in a town laylot as a (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Luggage car for 131 passenger car

(...) Well, let me be kind, they may use the luggage car for their luggage, too ;-) Niels (21 years ago, 25-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact