 Trains / 21354
Re: Random thoughts on Mag-Levs..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 04:18:19 GMT

I gotta say, guy... I have some issues with that model, it doesn't seem to • be
lit up and doesn't seem to have any modified bricks either, but maybe I • wasn't
looking closely enough. If not, what's up with that, d00d? You have a rep • to
maintain, you know.

Funny thing you should mention that.  One of the ideas I had for propulsion
(obviously the hardest part of these kinds of models) was to add some
electronics and electromagnets inside the train.  3 electromagnets would be
in a row that fired in order(1,2,3 - 1,2,3, etc).  Of course that would
require some of the usual hacking and slashing.  I just wanted to put this
model in the hands of someone else who might be inspired to think of some
things I have not.

Oh, also, in the "junk" section, I'm thinking UP Locomotive #2 deserves to • be
moved out of there, it's got a lot of potential, I like the way you did • the
numberboards in the first pic better than the rest.

Thanks for the kind words in this model, but it had its day of glory and has
now been put out to pasture.  This 7 wide model with 3 axles trucks was just
too large and too long to negotiate in tight spaces.  I'd love to do the
same model in a little smaller form factor.  Aside from a few minor details,
I wasn't overly impressed with the finished product.  I've seen many SD40's
in 6 wide that look much better.

So, how was LW?

Rob