 Trains / 21263 (-10)
  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) Here's a thought: Make a single "rail" out of 1x2 bricks, curved to the diameter you want. Build a wheeled support for your camera with a groove in it that lets you slide it along the bricks. Or (and I know this is blasphemous and all) buy (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) Both ideas would work excellently for an external 360-degree pan, but once again I forgot to mention one thing: the subject is in the middle. To clarify: I'm doing a film where I have a cardboard "valley" full of sand. I want to do a pan all (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) wow, that's getting complicated. how about a 12v motor, at the center, with a platform built onto it. you get stability (by removing the bogey aspect), and simplicity. if need be, i can post a mockup, but somehow i don't see this as a problem (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) So you want to mount a camera on a flatbed and put it on a circle? If so you might want to make an arm that goes into the center, and put some weight on it and a single wheel or even one of those boat "glider pads" round 2*2 under it (as in (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  ParLUGment to Display at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

Hello, The Ottawa LEGO club ParLUGment is pleased to announce our first local showing in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. On October 18th and 19th, we will be displaying a 16' x 9' LEGO Train layout at Railfair 26. The show is at Algonquin College near (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment) !

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) There is also one thing I forgot to mention when I made the original post...I'm not doing realtime filming. I'm doing stop-motion. Therefore the need for a wobbleless system is even greater. Also, to make it harder, I cannot trigger the camera (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DD45m prototype CAD

Simple response: Looks good. I'd like closer looks at those CAD files (some detail can't be made out). -Tom (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  DD45m prototype CAD

Just wanting a simple responce on my DD45m prototype CAD's I'm starting work in the morning on the real one... (real as in Lego) (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

If you took the monorail and ran it at 4.5 volts (to slow it down), you might get a very wobble free ride..... but I haven't tested it. -Tom (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blain's Farm & Fleet 26% off Lego

Enough trash talking. William, Lar, you have some very nice tractors, and I'm sure all the kids at your shows will have lots of fun mishandling them. You've got yours designed for maximum detail, the ERTL models are more about getting the shape with (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact