 Trains / 21248 (-5)
  Re: MOC: Schnabel car

Nice model, I think you've captured the shape well and you've found a lot of photos of the real thing! I'm assuming part limitations is the reason that you didn't use the real color scheme, I can't help feeling it would have looked better. Are you (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

But the wobble is realistic in a way. if you watch a slow moving train, rolling along, it sways side to side a little bit, this is because it is almost imppossible & un-needed to have the track PERFECTLY level, unless of course you're speaking of (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC: Schnabel car

6 wide x 112 long with 20 axles. Schnabel cars are the brutes of the train world and this one isn't the largest! They carry large loads; this one was loosely modelled after a 20 axle owned bt ABB Power Generation. The real model can carry 1,000,000 (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) They wobble a little, but if the track is level and you're going in a circle (not going straight part of the time) at a constant speed you may not get any wobble at all. Cars that use two trucks (and thus sit on bogie plates <part:4092> are (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Stability of cars/rails?

Hello all, Being new to this list I hope you'll forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question. It's late and I've had absolutely no prior experience with trains period. :) My question (of course I have a question! You didn't think I'd actually have (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact