 Trains / 21168
    Work in progress - station scene —Tim David
   I've put some images of my CAD work in progress, typical British urban/suburban (URL) station set in a cutting> on Brickshelf This intended to be a setting for rolling stock similar to (URL) Ben's bridge> but with the added advantage of the enclosed (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX)

        Re: Work in progress - station scene —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I found this to be a neat render and it definitely invoked the UK to this visitor... I'd be interested in hearing about how you assembled the bits. I assemble everything in MLCad and it runs out of gas as the element count advances. Is this (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: Work in progress - station scene —Tim David
     (...) The model is made up of sections, the platform and retaining wall are made up of sixteen stud long sections repeated and the bridge girders are half the width so there are four of the same model (you can only see two in the render) Each (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Work in progress - station scene —Jason J. Railton
     That is fantastic. I love the details of the cables along the rear wall, and the way the seats are constructed. It looks great. I'd suggest though, instead of greenery, you add some muck and grime for a more realistic look. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Work in progress - station scene —James Powell
   (...) As someone else said, too clean. It reminds me of some of the LT stations, ones where there was Southern goods traffic as well as LT trains (out towards Hammersmith?)(my memories of '96 are starting to fade- I was only there for 4 days). (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Work in progress - station scene —Tim David
   (...) Dirt was someting I had considered, I think it is especially difficult to do in Lego without resorting to using lots of slightly different shaded 1X1 plates. The other thing I had to think of was the fact that as most of it is repeating (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)