 Trains / 21023 (-20)
  RE: leJOS & BricxCC news

(...) OK, I've looked at your wish list and have the following comments with respect to how I see the pbForth implementation of DCC. 1. How important is it to have more than one port with DCC capabilities. The reason I'm asking is that it "would be (...) (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) I've been thinking about this one. In the current state of LDCC, a fully automated and LDCC-integrated (and pure LEGO) crossing gate could look something like this (ASCII art follows): Train presence sensor------+-------+ + RCX 1 | (...) (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) My first one had the elastic, but Steve Martin said it was ugly. Well, okay, he actually said something like it looked realistic, but his face had ugly written all over it. :) I agree about the jamming 66 2/3% (see (URL) fact is that the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: leJOS & BricxCC news

(...) Hmmm. I was seriously considering writing a leJOS package to support the LDCC IR Protocol. (Here's why: (URL) ) What capabilities were you going to add? Depending on your timeline, you might convince me to try FORTH. (21 years ago, 7-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)

(...) Argh! Yes, you are right. I was asumimg that since the standard firmware can send arbitrary packets (that is right, isn't it?), it ought to be able to receive them as well. Time to consider alternate firmware. (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: [Non Lego] Train set derails house sale

(...) Just so seriously cool ... and I wish him luck in finding a buyer who appreciates it ... (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) Very nice and compact, but I would have to agree with other posts that you should use an elastic between the motor and the gate arm. The other point I learned the hard way, is that unless you are using an RCX1, you need to program (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: source of <-O-> background

(...) The only parts I could find it in Ldraw have the logo at an angle, not sure how useful they would be. I was pretty sure it also came in a larger form, on the side of a container with the 4x3 panels, but I can't find it in Ldraw. Some larger (...) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Med Blue Transfer Semi & Maersk container Chassis

My newest Semi, a Transfer Cab, used for local shipments orginating in an Intermodal yard... Also shown in tow is a 20ft container chassis, and yes its Maersk Blue! (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Sep-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Versions 2 and 3 of micromotorized crossing gates.

(...) *snip* You mean RCX w/light sensor as one option and DCC as another option? How would you tie in the logic for it, if not using manual controls via DCC? Just curious. (...) Excellent point - take James' advice on this! Ed (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: source of <-O-> background

(...) To clarify, I would have traced it as a vector graphic, so it can be scaled to any size needed. The pattern is rather simple and lends itself well to this anyway. Using LDraw might work. What parts use it, specifically? I know that some (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  [Non Lego] Train set derails house sale

I'm sorry if this is a little OT From the (URL) BBC>: "A train buff emigrating to Australia is bequeathing a £50,000 (~$80,000) model railway set in his garden of his home to whoever buys the house. Gordon Archer has spent more than eight years (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: source of <-O-> background

(...) If one is to be created from scratch, it would probably better to do it using the LDraw pattern if it's high fidelity enough, and just render it large, then scale and replicate, rather than scanning and tracing. I know I've seen this kicking (...) (21 years ago, 5-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: source of <-O-> background

(...) I can make you one if you want. My scanner's broken, though, so I'll need someone to give me a scan of that logo up close. It's easier to trace the logo from a scan than to draw it freehand. (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

(...) You could also simply swap the LM317 for a heavier type (LM317K for instance), which could give you around 1000mA uncooled without much issues. Together with Klaas Meijaard we cut up an old home computer power supply, giving 2*11VAC at 22 VA, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  New poll: how do you handle building interiors, backsides

Hi all, I figured I'd try putting up a poll for those of you who build buildings. I guess the main question I'm getting at is do you build buildings more for display (how they look as backdrop for your brickfilm or train layout or whatever), or more (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle)

  Re: source of <-O-> background

(...) I thought Sonnich was playing with such a background at one point but I may be misremembering. Hope that helps. (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  source of <-O-> background

Hello everyone, We are working on a new webpage. One of the Lego train sites had a background made of repeated faint <-O-> as seen on some of the Lego trains. I would like to borrow the pattern (if alright with the original designer), but Ican't (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors?

(...) Being British I'm not too familiar with American trains (yet), Though I know about the multiple engines in real life. I would intend to triple head trains in a similar way when I have made enough American engines! The motor duty limitation is (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Additions to the ILTCO Library, and a call for a librarian

ILTCO is pleased to announce some additions to the ILTCO library. Many of the presentations given during the train sessions at BrickFest 2003 have been archived and are available for your reading pleasure here. (URL) include presentations on - (...) (21 years ago, 3-Sep-03, to lugnet.announce.iltco, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.publish) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact