 Trains / 20914
    Train ramps —Larry Lesser
   Hey guys, I am thinking of redesigning my arctic base and want to place a train in it. How flexable are the tracks? Can I make a ramp with them so that the train can go up and down without placing to much stress on the track pieces? Thanks, Larry (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train ramps —Dan Voelkerding
     (...) They are actually stiff but you are able to move it around the connection. You can build a ramp though, however it does put stress on the motor letting you pull less cars. I'm not sure of the grade for the track is, I only operate a point to (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train ramps —Mike Kollross
   (...) From what I understand the most you should slope the track is 1 plate per section. I've heard of people pushing it to 2 plates per section but it can lead to traction problems. Mike (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train ramps —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Also be chary of changing the RATE of climb too fast or (in my view, although this is a bit controversial) changing the rate of climb on curves. See the FAQ: (URL) leads you to this excellent resource: (URL) that helps. (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)