 Trains / 20888
    Shirley day Lego Setup —James Powell
   I've just got back from doing another solo gig- isn't living in a AFOL shy area great? Anyway, I had 30' by 30-120" to play with, including the debut of two new features for me, a pond (canal) system, and "Bricstol Temple Meads". The pond kind of (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

        Re: Shirley day Lego Setup —Gail Meagher
     (...) With displays like this you should be able to dig a few AFOLs out of the woodwork. Either that or cause a few to consider moving to the Victoria area. (...) Sounds incredible. How long did it take you to set it up? Do you have any suggestions (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Shirley day Lego Setup —James Powell
     (...) If I had done it "in" victoria, rather than ~30 km from downtown, then, yes, I would have a chance to dig a few out of the woodwork. But, this was mostly self indulgent to display :), I just have a grand time doing the unusual. (...) Yep, big (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Shirley day Lego Setup —John Gerlach
   (...) That was always one of my favorite things about working at the LEGO Imagination Center. Families would look at the big displays, Mom & Dad would say something like "that's impossible", kids would look at the same displays and say "If *I* had (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

        Re: Shirley day Lego Setup —Patrick S. O'Donnell
   (...) Keep doing what you love James. I too have done a solo gig where I had put on display a 32' long cable-stayed bridge in a window at a toy store. Yes, a lot of work!!! When I was done and standing outside admiring it, a couple walked by and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)