 Trains / 20594
Re: 1000Steineland 2003 images
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:04:13 GMT

Hi Jan-Albert,

It was really nice to meet so many LEGO AFOLs. And we especially enjoyed the
austrian, hungarian and dutch LEGO fans. We had so much fun!

Not only that this event was really H-U-G-E! It has so many details and
perfect models, I`ve never seen this before on any brickshelf event
folder!!!

Many word have been written on 1000steine.de on this MEGA-Event. Many thanks
to René and Axel and Mr. Mensing (NOVOTEL hotel manager) for their hard work
to make this happen.

The LEGO staff was very nice and worked really hard, esp. for the building
competition. And as Pudie (Frank Abel) mentioned in 1000steine you have to
keep in mind that these people are not students in LEGO shirts. Most of
these people are top managers from LEGO! Thanks to Kate, Veronika,
Christina, Tormod (the inventor of Mindstorms!, I talked to him half an
hour), Alex Algermissen(responsible for the LEGO Club - with whom I could
discuss a really long time). Both sides learned a lot.

And Jan-Albert, thanks for mentioning my train MOCs in the same line with
Holger´s ;-)

For sure, this is not the first and last event. We will be back in 2004!

Let the bricks roll!
Dirk

"Jan-Albert van Ree" <javanree@vanree.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Well I already returned Sunday night from Berlin, but needed some time to
catch up on sleep, sort out the stuff again and upload the pictures but
it's all done now...

http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/fotoalbum/lego/1000steineland_2003/

Take note of the following WONDERFUL train MOC's:
- The huge railwaystation from Reiner
- The big Santa Fe train cars (By Bruno aka LEGOCastle)
- Frank Abel's Umbauwagons with German BR10 engine, and his German BR98
Glaskasten engine and last but not least his Rheingold train
- All the wonderful trains of Holger Matthes and Dirk Meier

And much more.... both train related and other themes.

The event was in true German style (Berliner Kindl was available in HUGE
quantities :D ), organized VERY well (hats off to Axel and Rene) and the
crowd was very enthousiastic and interested.

LEGO was present as well, with no less than 6 employees. Also my thanks to
Kate, Claudia, Christina, Veronika, Tormod and Alex for answering all our
questions so patiently and for your company. The building contests were a
joy to watch and the models LEGO placed were simply wonderful.

Last, the event was a blast and I enjoyed meeting loads of wonderful • people
there, it was like nothing I've experienced so far. Can't wait for 2004 !
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/
LEGO Santa Fe B-unit | http://www.vanree.net/~javanree/lego/f7b.html