 Trains / 20288 (-5)
  Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC

hey Shaun, thanks for the cudos. I have to say that I've been wanting to build train for real ever since seeing the article where lego gave you props for that awsome steamer you made. So know that you had a great hand in the inspiration of this MOC. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

(...) Yep--Larry hit it on the head--the isolated section is so there isn't one set of wheels on one polarity, and the other set of wheels on the reverse polarity-- (see if this font is really courier ;) ) ###...### Track TTTTT O O ###...### Track (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Even more Wow!! for your buck!!! was Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

(...) The latter I think... by having a truck long gap, the motor coasts across the gap but never shorts out from one wheel set to the other, once it hits the powered side again (even though the polarity is reversed) it just continues on. This is (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC Streamliner Observation Car

(...) Yeah, I hadn't thought about that. And I made a slight error in my observation; I kept thinking your observation was closed-end, not open end. In which case the manufacturer would be K-Line for O gauge. They have the same effect though. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC

Cool inspection car! Definitely captures the look of the original, especially with the use of the curved wedges. It's hard to use those in a prototypical model, but you definitely got it. As for powering it, I don't know where you could stuff the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact