 Trains / 20264
  Vose Inspection Car MOC

well guys, Thanks to a recent sale at target.com I have my first train parts to work with. Here is my first MOC, the Vose Inspection Car. (URL) I found it at the following website while looking for a steam engine that was from my part of the country (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC

(...) Heya Travis, I saw the pictures of this on Brickshelf even before you posted, and I was blown away. I would love to see some sort of automation added to this, so that it could tool around, even if it had to be slowly, on some small (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC

Cool inspection car! Definitely captures the look of the original, especially with the use of the curved wedges. It's hard to use those in a prototypical model, but you definitely got it. As for powering it, I don't know where you could stuff the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC

hey Shaun, thanks for the cudos. I have to say that I've been wanting to build train for real ever since seeing the article where lego gave you props for that awsome steamer you made. So know that you had a great hand in the inspiration of this MOC. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC

hey thanks... i didn't want to use the snot on top, but without the top of those long wedge slopes, there was the option of making it work, or buying the parts off bricklink. In the end i'm not sure but I think that the studs only in the middle is a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC

(...) front (...) the (...) well, you can only sit on that kind of inspiration for long. Here it is... the motorized version (beta .01a) Vose Inspection Car. (URL) Vose is powered by a custom fitted drag wire connected micro motor housed in the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC

(...) <snip> (...) "It's not a bug, it's a feature!" Hey, before you go souping this baby up, remember that for a model of an inspection car, slow is particularly appropriate. In my opinion, most LEGO trains spend way too much of the time going way (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Vose Inspection Car MOC

Thats a terrific point. Too bad watching this snail at full throttle is is like something like watching grass grow. I actually was going to pull the motor out and give up, but nice people at Lego are sending me a replacement engine. So for now the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains)