 Trains / 20150
  Compatibility of Duplo Intelli-trains with older Duplo trains

I am looking at buying some of the new Intelli-trains for my nephe. To what extent are the new Intelli-trains compatible with the older Duplo trains? Can they use the same track? Can the new "smart elements" be placed on old track? Obviously I (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Compatibility of Duplo Intelli-trains with older Duplo trains

(...) I believe they are 100% compatible. (...) Don't know, but I'm guessing they are used to make different sounds similar to the smart elements from MyBot. -Rob. (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Compatibility of Duplo Intelli-trains with older Duplo trains

(...) Yes, same track. But I think it is a different color, nothing major. (...) The way the sound elements interact with the train depends on which driver you have driving the train. The instructions tell you exactly what the differences are. Here (...) (21 years ago, 26-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Compatibility of Duplo Intelli-trains with older Duplo trains

Hi! I have one of the Duplo battery trains from when I worked as a model builder. We pulled out the old track and new track that my new daughter has when her cousins were over. Old train with new smart elements: Sometimes it stops the train, mostly (...) (21 years ago, 27-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)