 Trains / 19621
  Re: 0-4-0 Switcher

I smell another poster! What a great engine! Wonderful detail, has a compact yet strong look. After spending a ton of time designing my last steamer from scratch, I was wondering if you got any instructions! This is one that I'd love to run on my (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 0-4-0 Switcher

(...) Thanks, Steve! I'm planning on working on the LDRAW file for it this weekend. As for gotcha pieces, there really aren't any that are too bad. Here's what I came up with: (1) you need 44-studs worth of those curved 1x2x1.3 black bricks - I used (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 0-4-0 Switcher

(...) Yes, there is. You can clip a 1x4 or 1x6 brick into those tabs and it will stay securely in place. Some official LEGO designs (4563? I think so, but am too lazy to go check right now) use this feature so that's presumably why they are there. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 0-4-0 Switcher

(...) Ahhh, I get it. The "gap" in the clip matches a brick's wall thickness, right? Hmmmmm, interesting .... I never noticed that! I'll have to see if I can make use of it. Thanks, Lar. -s (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 0-4-0 Switcher

(...) I think they're there to spread the 'pull' of the train buffer/magnet over a larger area. The buffer has tabs that fit into the clips. By spreading the stress out a bit more it makes it less likely that the buffer will pull off the motor. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)