 Trains / 19336
Re: New Engine Shed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:11:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bert Waters writes:
In Larry's transcript of the keynote he wrote:

<SNIP SNIP>
Last bit:it has ben said we have neglected this or that ir the other hting
     in trains… so we did 8 wide… JUST KIDDING.

     We have instead decided to do structures… there is an engine shed that
     hinges and opens up, lots of detail inside (red and dark grey) It can be
     used both as a wide 2 stall or a narrow single or you can butt two
together
     to make a biger one.,.. has a lathe etc.

Here is my first sighting of the engine shed.

http://www.landofbricks.com/tempbw03/DSC09449.jpg

and here are some more:

I haven't seen any discussion on the shed. I was wondering about others
opinions on the new shed. I plan to purchase at least one of these. If there
has been discussion on it can someone direct me to the
thread?

Bert Waters

One word, WOW. You can really tell that TLG did their homework, and actually
put time into designing this set, due to the beautiful craftsmanship it has.
At first I actually thought it was a MOC that an AFOL designed it and
brought to the show, since I didn't think LEGO could actually build a nice
set in this day of Jack Stone, Juniorized and cost efficent sets, etc., but
it looks like LEGO underestimated me. Details like that small yellow crane
to the tinted roof windows really do make a big difference in choosing a
set, and this is one set I don't want to pass up.

Joe