 Trains / 19083 (-20)
  Re: A newly discovered part... (Ditch Lights)

(...) Thanks. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A newly discovered part... (Ditch Lights)

Great platform idea Ray! I am going to try it... I have been meaning to post another part idea, I came up with last week... After getting all four of the new mini-SW set I found this little part in 4486 - Mini Snowspeeder and AT-ST. Part x226 (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Lil' Critter and other assorted choo-choo goodies

(...) gray/red livery fits your growing similarly liveried stock very well. (...) Both the Lil' Critter and the new Shell Tanker are wonderfully compressed to realize the originals' namesake and blend a distinct "cuteness" to the models. Well done, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Lil' Critter and other assorted choo-choo goodies

(...) That is very nice. It looks like a lot of fun. What do you mean by "inside-bearing wheels"? Chris (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Which 1x4x3 is better for skyscrapers: clear or transparent?

Blue panels are far superior in appearance, but be sure to not use blue bricks for your walls. Here's an example of blue panels in a skyscraper I did a while back. (URL) this helps with your choice of aesthetics! - Thomas Michon www.scltc.org (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A newly discovered part that may be useful to trainheads, et al

"Tom Reed" <tdreed@NOSPAMtxcyber.com> wrote in message news:H91G0p.ACL@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I bought one of those (for $1) just to see if it had any parts worth buying. I had written it off because of the pins - I may have to see (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A newly discovered part that may be useful to trainheads, et al

(...) Hi Ray, That's not a bad idea! I ended up with about 20 of those after the clearance sales. I was thinking that there should be a good way to use them. I may have to try your method and see what I can do. Thanks for passing it on... Tom (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  A newly discovered part that may be useful to trainheads, et al

While breaking down some sets from a recent clearance run, I came across an interesting new part... 42607. It looks like a wing 12 x 6 with notched corners, but it has the distinction of having a technic brick (2 x 4) molded into the inboard end. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: How is the 4533 done?

(...) It was discussed before. Have a look here: (URL) luck! Jeroen (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

Hi all, First I'd like to thank everyone for the kind words. But I also would like to say that the poster was done with as much input from Shaun as from myself. He provided ideas, pictures and technical drawings and of course a very fine model. The (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  How is the 4533 done?

Hi! I was trying to do the same thing as in 4533 ((URL) with the technic wheels. It seems to be more on those wheel than on the train-wheels, tilting on one of the train wheelsets. Is it so? I wonder how is the 4533 done? Would anyone be so king and (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

In lugnet.trains, Shaun Sullivan writes: SNIP (...) SNIP Are you saying there's a plastic connection? Andreas (URL) off-topic.fun (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) I agree - Jeroen really produces jaw-dropping work. It was an honor and privelage to be able to collaborate with him. (...) It really is an amazing little program. Actually, Kevin just recently produced the next version of the program, which (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Thanks Jake! Actually, that's how this project got started. I looked around the LEGO room, and realized that I needed some more LEGO-type decor. Although it looked to be considerably more effort than simply going out and buying a poster of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Hiya Lynsay, Thanks for the nice comments! Yup, this was what my file conversion question was for. THe line drawing schematic of the Hudson was in .dxf and .dwg (and even .dwx) formats, and I was trying to make them into JPEGs or the like. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Thanks Mattias! The curves and flexible parts were definitely the challenge! For some of them (the cowcatcher and some of the side tubes) I simply used the flexible hose segments in LDRAW to simulate flex-tubing. For the rest (all of the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Re: New Train Poster: 4-6-4 Steamer

(...) Jeroen: Your presentation style and accompanying graphical artwork is refined to excellence. (...) Going to have to familiarize myself with this. So cool! (...) I can't say enough about how awesome it is to enjoy the cooperative nature of the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish)

  Which 1x4x3 is better for skyscrapers: clear or transparent?

I want to buy some 1x4x3 wall elements for building a skyscraper. What looks better: the clear ones (3507) or the tinted blue ones (3447)? (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

I was leaning towards the clear ones since they're a "neutral" color. Do the clear ones make the skyscraper look goofy? "Amy Hughes" <lugnews@amyhughes.org> wrote in message news:H8znBt.JF@lugnet.com... (...) one (...) the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Which 1x4x3 is better for skyscrapers: clear or transparent?

(...) I've used both in my buildings, but the blue ones are most visible in the one tower I built. I think the color helps with scale. In a real building, in the sunlight, you can't see inside very well. (URL) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact