 Trains / 19080
Re: The Lil' Critter and other assorted choo-choo goodies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:10:37 GMT

In article <H8w2r5.2xB@lugnet.com>,
"Harvey Henkelman" <Ferroequus@webtv.net> wrote:

Before I emerged from my Dark Ages, I dabbled in G scale (large outdoor
garden trains), where I had fallen in love with Aristo-Craft's Lil' Critter
engine

http://www.aristocraft.com/catalog/locomotives/lilcritter/

This little engine of mine ran on an overhead, ceiling-mounted layout at the
Pizza Inn joint I worked at in my spare time while stationed in Yokosuka,
Japan. What kind of work you might ask? Well, I maintained the model trains
that ran there (N and G scale) for a small fee.

Taking that love of the Critter to L gauge brought back some good memories
for me

http://community.webtv.net/Ferroequus/RollingStock

I also took a moment to make my Shell(TM) Tanker kit more palatable as well.

Tell me what you think of the Critter,
-Harvey

That is very nice. It looks like a lot of fun. What do you mean by
"inside-bearing wheels"?

Chris