 Trains / 19010
  Progress with DCC and PC

I am finally making progress with my project to control DCC systems from a PC. There are systems out there but I wanted to do my own. My idea has been to generate the DCC packets in the sound card and I have finally managed a reasonably simple (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Progress with DCC and PC

Alright John, forgive me but I'm looking for the website named "DCC For Dummies". Well, its not REALLY named that, but I have no clue of what brand to buy, what amperages of decoders to use, or how to get out the cheapest (currently taking up (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Progress with DCC and PC

(...) Hi Rob Take a look at Tom's Lego Stop at (URL) are a number of good sites including a couple related specifically to Lego and DCC. Just do a Google search for 'Lego trains DCC' should point you to what's out there. I probably should not repeat (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Progress with DCC and PC

(...) OK- lets see if I can answer some of your questions: As far as buying, there are 2 real choices- an expandable system (Digitrax/Wangrove/CVP/Lentz) or a simple system (MRC comes to mind) Amps of decoder: 1 Amp decoder is what I would suggest. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Progress with DCC and PC

(...) A Belgian person named Ludo Soete has a part of his homepages devoted to DCC, it's in English language. Go to: (URL) and click on link DCC. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)