 Trains / 19006
    Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine —Tom Cook
   (...) Yes, the drivers are attached to the frame, for the reasons Shaun explains above and because that's how the real ones are built. By making the pilot and trailing trucks pivot closely to the drivers, I was able to keep the drivers over the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine —Steve Barile
   I was wondering where your leading and trailing truck pivot points were. Are each of these pivot points still between the axles of the respective trucks or in front and behind? I'll also go back and look at your pics. Would you mind if I used this (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine —Steve Barile
     OK, look before you post. Now I get it. I was so busy trying to fit what I was seeing into the floating truck solution that it didn't make any sense. Now I clearly see the pivot points etc. BTW can you post a couple pics of it sitting on a curve :) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine —Tom Cook
     I have updated www.lgauge.com with 12 more pics of the V-2. Some more detail shots of the bottom and several pics of it on a curve, showing the cab overhang and how the drivers stay on the rails. (...) snip (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: B&O V-2 Hudson Steam Engine —Tom Cook
   The pilot truck pivots behind the second axle of the pilot truck and the trailing truck pivots in front of the first axle of the trailing truck. This makes the pivots points as close as possible to the drivers so they do not swing so much. The (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)