 Trains / 18673
Re: MOW vehicle that I posted to Town earlier
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:25:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Aaron M. Sneary writes:
If you haven't seen it already, take a look at this MOW vehicle.
It is a highrail built from a photo and a couple of design specs I found on
the manufacturer's website (now forgotten)

Forgive my lack of rail wheels. I haven't bought Gringott's Bank yet.
What do you think?

Are those little small wheels supposed to be small train wheels or road wheels?

If the former, this isn't a highrailer, I don't feel, as highrailers have
both road and rail wheels.

If the latter, they're awfully small for road wheels. I'd want to see a
proto pic if at all possible before I could comment further. Perhaps you
could dig up the link after all? Was it Fairmont?

What's the link to the town post (assuming it has more detail on what you
were trying to accomplish)?

Larry,
http://news.lugnet.com/town/?n=5544

Some other nice stuff in that post BTW, Aaron.

Thanks. (BS on a weekday afternoon is pretty busy... I had to multitask for
about 10 min before seeing the first pic.. perhaps the other two give more
detail, I could not say...)

It seemed to be fairly fast for me (in comparison to earlier today)

Very nice,  Aaron.  I really like the front windshield section.  How are the
hazard stripes attached?

Excellent work,

-Kevin