 Trains / 18527
  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) I don't completely cover them; just about 1/2 covered or so. It lets me get a consistent background color by using piles of grey or dk grey burps. I find that it does take quite a few bricks, but because the burps are the structural layer, I (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Hmm, where are you folks finding 32x32s with missing corner? I have a box full of 24x24s with missing corner, but no 32x32s... :-) :-) :-) I really need to do some sculpted stuff, if for nothing else, just to use up all those huge bricks :-) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Whoops, good catch. 24x24 is what I mean. Sorry about that! I actually miscounted, I used 2 of these. One with the corner replaced (tacked together with plates) and one with it omitted.. The one with it omitted was used just behind the (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

I've had to build several mountains for my Tolkien project and have gone back and forth on BURPs/LURPs. I wasn't thrilled with this cliff: (URL) it was basically just a Burp pile. On my next mountain I tried to completely hide the BURPs (though they (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

In lugnet.trains, Bruce Hietbrink writes: Snipped instructive examples. (...) Yes. The issue here may well just be "what is the point at which you have 'too many'..." For me, for this mountain, 10% face coverage was just at the edge of 'too many', (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)