 Trains / 18443
    Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50 —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Very impressive model. Of course building it 8 wide and making it proportionally long (to match the width) highlights the limitations of using a fixed wheelbase motor I guess. Those trucks seem out of proportion to the rest of the model (too (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50 —John Neal
   (...) I'll bet you are responding to the straight side shot: (URL) admit that that is probably the least flattering pose for that MOC for the very reason you mentioned-- locked-in wheelbase for the motor unit. Ross built this train to *run*, but (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50 —Christopher Tracey
   (...) Please do get some shots. Custom trucks are a big interest of mine. Until we get to see the pics, how did he mount the wheelsets to the truck. Do the trucks (that is couplers) work out to a standard height- all of my attempts end up a little (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)