 Trains / 18250
    Re: My opinion on drivers... —Stefan Garcia
   (...) The one thing where I disagree. With the rods towards the center of the wheel, it just wouldn't look right. They need to be in the correct spot on the drivers. That is part of the beauty (sp?) of steamers; the wonderful movement of the side (...) (22 years ago, 4-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: My opinion on drivers... —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
   (...) Hi Stefan, if you take a look at real steam engines, you can easiely find out, that there have been different solutions. Some had the eye quite near the flange, but lots of them had it much nearer the center than to the flange. So if lots of (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: My opinion on drivers... —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) The telling factor here is the mechanical advantage desired. Fast passenger locomotives with large drivers may well have their rod connetion point much closer to the center proportionally than small drivered steamers intended for low speed (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: My opinion on drivers... —Stefan Garcia
   (...) Ah. I stand corrected on the rod location issue then. I see y'alls point. Plus, I could have just looked at the photo of a J that hangs in my room (DUH! :^P ). The rods are about 15" away from the edge of the driver, and about a foot away from (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)