 Trains / 1822
Re: A challenge for seasoned Lego Trainers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 20:02:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Brok writes:

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ...
In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:
We (the PNLTC guys) have been thinking about this for a while. How to • remotely
uncouple cars. great challange.

Think out of the box. Upward motion is the wrong direction. GMLTC staffer • John
Gerlach prototyped a working all LEGO device that pushes two cars apart • almost
2 months ago.

The first working version is about the size of two RCX bricks stacked on • top of
each other and sits completely below the track. It can be made smaller.

-Lar

Don't forget the decoupler design by Leo Dorst (see his page).

Eric

I tried to build the one from Leo but got problems with the adjustment and my
cars where pushed away.
Then i tried a build one on my own, using the princilpe of pushing the cars
away from each other.
Mine is working and the building instructions can be found on my homepage
http:www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Glade/5192/train

regards,
Ludo