 Trains / 18168 (-5)
  Re: This is odd...

(...) LOL!! I'm sure we could ALL come up with colors that we'd like to see have a better selection of bulk bricks... Me? I'm waiting for the dark green, so I can build this: (URL) I'm *definitely* dreaming!!) <sigh> You know, .trains is a pretty (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) The Consolidation was torn down shortly after my article was in the paper. My new engine is quite a bit bigger, but they're essentially the same. I did disconnect the two center drivers from the side rods, which reduced strain on the 9V motor, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) Okay, then your problem is drag. Weight isn't so much a problem if there isn't a lot of friction. I just looked at your engine again and I can see your problem, because it is one that my son Ross experienced when he built his Pacific: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) That only adds to my confusion. The Porter has the old motor and my Greenbrier has the brand new (3 days old) motor. I did take out a battery box which really wasn't needed, and it's a bit better, but I can't make the engine much lighter. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: This is odd...

(...) Who did? ;-) (...) One thing you didn't suggest was that maybe the one motor is worn out. Stefan, did you pull a switch and see if the results were the same? (...) Harvey, this flat out is NOT true. AFOLs comprise only a fraction of TLC's (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact