 Trains / 18149
    a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Klaas H. Meijaard
   Hi all, Everything is said about this bad wheel molds, I hope (and EXPECT) Lego will make new molds in short time!! More interesting: HOW DO WE GET OUR WHEELS TO WORK PROPERLY??? .... without to much work. :-) Please check out the pics I uploaded, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Jan-Albert van Ree
     (...) While this might not work so well if done on ALL wheels, doing it on only one wheelset/wagon or one/bogie it might actually improve running qualities. You'd get the compensated suspention model railroaders always try to build into their (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Steve Barile
     Taking the low road... I was thinking how to shave off some plastic from the wheel flange. And it's not that big of a deal the roundness of the flange isn't as critical as the the roundness of the wheel tread. But then it hit me, using a small (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Steve Barile
      Oh yeah the "before" - "after" cross section graphic was exaggerated. I imagine that removing only a small amount of the inside corner will do the trick. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
      (...) what you have done here seems to be exactely what the German guy did (the links I gave at the first message of this thread). Only his description where to cut has been so fuzzy, that even I as a German did not fully understand him.... But your (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

          Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Pete Schildknecht
      Hi There, This is exactly what I have done to all the wheel sets on my Santa Fe train (2 engines, 5 cars), and it works great now. I have also had a problem with the underside of the 10022 cars catching on the track when they crest a hill in a turn. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Ludo Soete
     (...) But what to do if you don't have a dremel or file? Anyone experience with sending the wheels back to LEGO Consumer Service for replacement? Don't forget that there are a lot of kids having train sets (especially with the Sinterklaas [December (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
     (...) Only heard about a few Germans who did it in October, when this thread popped up. They all got wheels with at least 75% bad ones among them. As long as TLC (or the involved third party producer) has not done a design change back to the old (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Cary Clark
   (...) ... I tried. For step 2, I used one #3673 Technic Pin and two cut-up part #3749 (Technic, Axle Pin). The middle rib isn't quite as wide, and it made it easier not to push it in too far (and I have more of them.) I found that after step 3, it (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE —Klaas H. Meijaard
   (...) This is exactly what you must NOT do! Don't push it down, the axle must push the pin UP... Goal is NOT to press the axle down, goal is to use the 'snap-hight' of the axle-end as a 0,6 mm filler for the (too much) space in this new molds. After (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)