 Trains / 180
    Re: A new diesel by Ben —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) I like it. The truck mounted front coupler with side slopes is a good idea, how'd you do it? 1x2/1x4 angle bracket? Note that I have a body mounted front coupler that looks similar on big red... but it's not very sturdy. How sturdy is yours? (...) (26 years ago, 29-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: A new diesel by Ben —Ben Fleskes
      Yes, it uses two 1x2/1x4 angle brackets. both attach to a 2x6 plate. The two medium slopes attach to either side and a non rotating magnet base attaches to the middle with a couple of 2x2 plates to space it out far enough. The upper angle bracket (...) (26 years ago, 30-Nov-98, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: A new diesel by Ben —Richard Dee
   Larry, I will be travelling Amtrak in January, from Chicago to Lincoln, Illinois. If I have a choice, should I go Metroliner if available?? (sorry everyone! But seeing him in trains reminded me to ask! Plus, I would have a Lego frame of reference!) (...) (26 years ago, 1-Dec-98, to lugnet.trains)