 Trains / 17944
Re: Find my train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:49:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Lars Gertsen writes:
I will try to answer some of your questions. I bought a box with about 15-20
kg of lego so it is hard to exactly telle which part are from the trainset.

How many 9V train wheel parts are there one the scene of the crime?
8 but I think some are from the snow remover, as I found some bricks which
looked like the "snow remover" front.

A snow remover has 2 of those, so that leaves us 6 to assign to one or more
other train sets. Just to make sure, I'm talking about the following part:
(click on the link to see a picture) http://img.lugnet.com/ld/2878.gif

Another possibility: These are also separatly available as service parts.

Are there any Train Bogie Plates present?  http://img.lugnet.com/ld/4092.gif

How many Train Buffer Beams did you find?  http://img.lugnet.com/ld/4022.gif

These picture links are a part of the Lugnets Partsref, a catalog of all
LEGO® elements that already have been officially modeled in Ldraw. The main
entrance page to Partsref and some explanation on how to use it, can be
found here: http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/

How many train base plates do you have, what colours and what length
count in studs do these plates have each individually?
I can see one yellow 6x18 and one gray 6x18 and a yellow 6x12

That leaves us with a bit of a mistery. A Train Bases for 9V trains exist
only as one of the four following types:

Train Base  6 x 16  http://img.lugnet.com/ld/4178.gif
Train Base  6 x 24  http://img.lugnet.com/ld/6584.gif
Train Base  6 x 28  http://img.lugnet.com/ld/4093.gif
Train Base  6 x 34 Split-Level  http://img.lugnet.com/ld/2972.gif

My first thought was you took a normal Plate for a Train Base by mistake,
but 6x18 is a unkown size for plates also. Are you sure you've
counted/remembered the measurements correctly?

What are the most importaint brick coulours in your heap?
yellow, red, white, black and gray. But most of the black and gray are
from the 8880 super car and the controlset II

Well, that could only be supporting evidence anyhow.

Any remarkable rare parts present, such as big or small doors, special
windows or noses, printed parts or stickers, round blue rings with a sharp
edge, crane beams?
The only special parts I have found until now seems to be from the snow
remover. I will be looking but this weekend it is my daughters birthday so >there won't be much time for Lego.

Take a look at these Partsref sections to help you identify the parts:

Special train parts:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/vehicle/train/

Doors: (except special 9V train doors, these can be found in the section above)
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/architecture/door/
(for instance part #6546 could be found in some train sets, in the form of
pairs of these doors set in a window frame)

Hinges:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/moving/hinge/

Plates:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/plate/

There dont seem to be any split-level baseplates however there is a gray >"split-level" baseplate which only is two studs wide in the one end.
However I think this is for a truck.

I think you're right in assuming that this is not a train part. It's
probably one of these parts:  http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/vehicle/car/

There also is a pair of 4517 forks. I have seen these in some of the >trainsets.

The only 9V train that has a forklift is set #4563 "Load N' Haul Railroad"
(see:  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4563 ,yet another nice reference), but
that should be supported by a few other easy identify-able parts, such as:

http://img.lugnet.com/ld/1/2873.gif
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/14/2433.gif

The forklift can also have been part of a Town or Harbour set.

So, look as much key items up as you can and get back to us with that
information.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.