 Trains / 17929
  Call for expressions of interest: train *operation* get-together

During the train roundtable at NWBrickCon, among other subjects we talked about the possibility of building a layout for realistic operation rather than round-and-round loops for public viewing. Between Vancouver and Seattle, 6 or so people (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Call for expressions of interest: train *operation* get-together

(...) I'd likely be willng, but it depends on exactly when...as I am sure people are aware, HM has more say than I do as to when I am avalible. If there is a way to borrow enough DCC keypads (digitrax), I would be willing to offer up my DCC stuff (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

James Powell wrote in message ... (...) converted (...) Thanks for the offers, James. I've been assuming that we won't be able to have DCC since 99% of people don't have converted motors etc, but if you have that many available it just might be (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Call for expressions of interest: train *operation* get-together

(...) DCC would certainly make things a lot easier, though extra power feeds would be necessary to assure all lines are powered at all times. Using one person's DCC motors would limit the locomotives used to ones where the motor can be easily (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

Frank Filz wrote in message <3DA30C4F.C95267F3@m...ng.com>... (...) Yes... one of the criteria for picking rolling stock for this would be reliability, so coolness and fancy construction would take a back seat to reliable and consistent running - (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Call for expressions of interest: train *operation* get-together

Interest here, Pacific Northwest is a long way from Arkansas, but I think i could get us some place like a church fellowship hall in the St Louis area. Good central location, good air, if there is any interest let me know. You guys in the NW might (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

Matthew Greene wrote in message ... (...) Sounds good Matthew. We'll let you know how it goes up here and what our learnings are! Kevin ---...--- NEW Cottage kit, 577 pieces! (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Guild of (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Call for expressions of interest: train *operation* get-together

I too will be watching with great interest. While I'm in no position to ask for such, I'm certainly hoping there will be a thorough debriefing once the first operation session has gone over. My biggest point of query at the moment is about the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)

Kevin Maynes wrote in message ... (...) for (...) first (...) At this point, my plan would be to either use James P's DCC motors (by far the most convenient solution) or split the layout into sections (the old fashioned model RR solution). Each (...) (22 years ago, 21-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains)