 Trains / 17946
Re: Call for expressions of interest: train *operation* get-together
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:59:32 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message <3DA30C4F.C95267F3@mindspring.com>...
one person's DCC motors would limit the locomotives used to ones where
the motor can be easily swapped, but I'm not sure that's much of a
problem since the goal is to have a fun operating session more than to
look at all the cool MOCs.

Yes... one of the criteria for picking rolling stock for this would be
reliability, so coolness and fancy construction would take a back seat to
reliable and consistent running - which often means plenty of space round
the motor, so it could easily be swapped out.

Count me as interested in such a thing, though I'm not sure how far I
could/would travel for such an event.

Well, if I do this it will be in Vancouver... 6 hours drive from Portland
for you, Frank :-)

Kevin
NEW Cottage kit, 577 pieces! http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-cott.htm
LEGO TOWN PLANNING information: