 Trains / 17539
Re: 4551 Crocodile improvements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 07:33:53 GMT

"Jan-Albert van Ree" <javanree@vanree.net> wrote:

Over time I noticed that my 4551 crocodile engine wasn't running very
stable and would derail quite often at high speeds, specially when
running over points or when pushing a train.

After some testing I discovered that the nose was too light and
"jumpy" so I experimented with some weight bricks. And now, here's the
result : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=24264

You can hardly tell from the outside that there's a weight brick
inside at all. Only downside is that adding working lights is now next
to impossible (or you need to drop the rounded 2*4*2 brick inside) But
the engine runs a lot better, which IMHO is more important.

I did add both a weight brick three working lights, but had to modify a
bit the design of the nose: only one grilled 1x2 brick per side, and one
plate more in height:

http://www.marioferrari.org/crocodile/crocodile.html

Ciao
Mario