 Trains / 17505
    4551 Crocodile improvements —Jan-Albert van Ree
   Over time I noticed that my 4551 crocodile engine wasn't running very stable and would derail quite often at high speeds, specially when running over points or when pushing a train. After some testing I discovered that the nose was too light and (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 4551 Crocodile improvements —Michel Magnan
     Great solution, I hate running that train for the reason you mentioned, it always derails. Can't wait to try it with your modifications. Thanks. Michel Magnan (...) (22 years ago, 2-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 4551 Crocodile improvements —Mario Ferrari
   (...) I did add both a weight brick three working lights, but had to modify a bit the design of the nose: only one grilled 1x2 brick per side, and one plate more in height: (URL) Ciao Mario (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: 4551 Crocodile improvements —Matthew Greene
   the nose is too light and too short. Extending it 6 or 8 studs helps the looks and stability. Matthew Greene MSLTC (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)