 Trains / 17413 (-10)
  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

(...) I presume an A-B-B-A arrangement would have two different numbers for each A-B pairing though? So, by the union rule, there'd be two crews. Would controls of the second be slaved to the first? Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

Thanks for all the info. I had heard that the engines were seen as one whole unit. So I will just leave it with out a number. Dave PNLTC ps. I ment SFSC, not SCSC (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

(...) The general answer to your question is, "it depends". ATSF B units at various points in their lives had numbers that denoted they were part of permanently coupled sets or numbers that were independent. (over time, railroads decoupled the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

According to Model Railroad Magazine, most, if not all railroads considered multi-unit lashups as one locomotive, thus having the same number and not needing a numberboard. This was done mainly to by-pass the union rules requiring an engineer and (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to # that darn B unit...

I don't think the B-units had number boards. I have several model train catalogs, and they don't show any B-units with number boards for ATSF or any other roadname for that matter. -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  How to # that darn B unit...

I have been looking around the net to find out if the SCSC B units have numbers on them. So far the pictures I have found of the B units show no number at all. So I kinda have a two part question. Does the SFSC B unit have a number and if so, where (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) At our recent "dry run" for NALUG's upcoming layout, we noticed some rough places running at low speed, and needed to spot-clean the rails. It took about 3 years and 4 shows to reach that point, though. James (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

(...) Here they are! Napa Valley (URL) Valley (alternate) (URL) Island (URL) Valley (URL) know that gold color doesn't exist, but it was too cool to pass up. Again, many of the schemes are downright impossible to build, and others would need extra (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

We have to clean the rails on our layout every time we take it out. Usually we do it by running a train over the tracks with a small load. They definitely get dirty though... -John 3 (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

(...) Huh. There used to be documentation of this (I thought), but I can't find one now. It's pretty simple - when you want to mix two of the colors from 0 to 15 (black, blue, green, teal, red, dark pink, brown, gray, dark gray, light blue, bright (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact