 Trains / 17398 (-10)
  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) Metroliner and my brother got the Load and haul Railroad. So we started in 9V when our dad knew about the 12V. He always said the track wasn't right and now we have a 9V empire layout. I still feature the Metroliner and Load and Haul Railroad (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

I think you've just about said it all Ben, I'll add that 9V rails can be cleaned with a soft, dry cloth every couple weeks for optimum performance. -Harvey (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

Dear train fans, once more I got a very general request from a Lego®-train-theme beginner. He wants to know, how to start into the train theme in the best way. I know most of these questins have been asked (and answered) in the past for several (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Moderator / Layout

(...) See this thread: (URL) (also in admin.curators) where I was asking about this very problem. Didn't really get an answer that I completely understood since I don't know how to do tables in FTX on the front page of a group. I do not think the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Re: 4548 modification

(...) It was tested for 15 minutes. The electric current was between 1.0A and 2.0A on the test. The regurator with heatsink was hot.But that does not exceed 60 degrees(c). I can touch the regulator.On the datasheets (URL) chips can operate . If you (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

Thanks for the info! Look for some new Alco schemes on Brickshelf in about 3 days. :^) -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4548 modification

(...) periods? ROSCO (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A look at things to come!

(...) Correct it is a Big Boy. This one is about 9.5 studs wide, but proportionately equal to James' Rio Grande, which is 6-wide. I have already been working on putting the kits together, for about 6 months now. I have been redesigning my original (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dark Red in trains (was ...Dark Red LMS 4F 0-6-0 Freight Locomotive)

I've looked at the ldraw.org color table but didn't know there was a system to determine a color value. 272 = (that's 1 (blue) * 16 + 0 (black) + 256) looks awfully like an equation of sorts, is there a definition on how this works somewhere? And I (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A look at things to come!

(...) Its a big boy, and I will look into the set but it probally wouldn't be cheap. Maybe if you have a desire for a steam engine set, you probally should make something smaller, like a atlantic or a mikado. Dan (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact