 Trains / 17328
    Burlington Northern's shiny aluminum stream-liner was called? —Christopher Masi
    I am embarrassed to admit it. I forgot the name of the shiny aluminum stream-liner that Burling Northern used to run years ago. It was Burlington Northern, right? Anyway, when I saw all the chrome on the new Naboo Fighter I found it hard not to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Burlington Northern's shiny aluminum stream-liner was called? —Dan Voelkerding
     (...) are you thinking of the pionneer zephyr in the 1930's? dan (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Burlington Northern's shiny aluminum stream-liner was called? —Christopher Masi
     (...) Yep, that is the one. To make certain that we were talking about the same thing I Googled it. (URL) there it is. Also, I was wrong. According to this page the Zephyr was stainless steel, not aluminum. Thanks for the reminder. Chris (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Burlington Northern's shiny aluminum stream-liner was called? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Burlington Northern never had a shiny aluminium (or stainless steel) streamliner. You're thinking of predecessor road Chicago, Burlington and Quincy (merged with Great Northern and Northern Pacific to form BN in 1971(?)), which had many (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)