 Trains / 17180
Re: Santa Fe cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 15:19:44 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:
Has anyone else noticed that, amongst all the variants, there's no standard
passenger car?

Jason J Railton

Yes - at least at 1000steine this has been discussed. Maybe we should ask
James Mathis for background information?

I am fine to think about answering some questions.

The afore mentioned Fallen Flags site for The Super Chief shows several
listings of wagon

(car... wagon is a euro term, these are passenger cars. :-) )

types for The Super Chief train:

http://www.midwestnpioneer.org/timetable/fallenflags/superchief.html

IIRC the original Chief and the later Super Chief were all sleeper trains,
no regular coaches were in the consist. These were premium cost trains,
remember.

In my eyes it would be satisfieing enough to order just 7 (or more) waggons
[1] then build the mailcar or sleeping car 2 times (or more) extra and remove
the interieur. Put seats and tables(?) into them and ready is the passenger
waggon.

I am looking forward to seeing many variants, custom redesigns, and
alternate MOC uses of these Santa Fe cars.  I think these effects strengthen
the foundation and encourage the new theme "My Own Creation".  Make them
Your Own Creations.

P.p.s.: What about the combination of cars: the observation car is running in
the back. In which order have the other ones to be placed correctely behind
the engines? What an amout of passenger cars would be prototypical?

I think the Fallen Flags Santa Fe site builds a nice sequence and quantity
in which to position the various wagons.

no question for discount order number this time... :-)

I have not seen a special set number(s) for a quantity 2, 5, or integer
multiple order.  Perhaps the billing computer system automatically
recognizes that an order has greater than quanty 2 and applies an
appropriate discount or percentage-off calculation?

I don't think that's the case. I ordered 4 and 6 (10 total) and forgot to
ask. I got the regular price. I called back and they adjusted it for me
(although I felt guilty because it was extra work) to get the 148 special
price for any 5 offer. You may need to give the special trains catalog code
to get the price....