 Trains / 17183
Re: Santa Fe cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 16:17:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Robert Horvath writes:
Hi,

It seems I'm a bit out of the loop up here in Canada.  What is this special
trains catalog?  What is the code?

I think, that is the one, that was planned to be sent with any S@H order after
the Brickfest. As I have heard (only kind of a rumor) Brad had planned to
present the Santa Fe Coaches at brickfest.

In a kind of bad luck (or even sabotage?!) it has been no other than the
webmaster of 1000steine.de René Hoffmeister, who got this catalogue with his
last order of Santa Fe engines some weeks ago and he published the news here,
before it could be announced at Brickfest officially.

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=16794

If I can get 5 for $148, I would consider purchasing some.....

Bob

I don't think that's the case. I ordered 4 and 6 (10 total) and forgot to
ask. I got the regular price. I called back and they adjusted it for me
(although I felt guilty because it was extra work) to get the 148 special
price for any 5 offer. You may need to give the special trains catalog code
to get the price....

I called the German S@H for info, but was informed they do not know about this
discount. Neither for Germany nor for the US. But that 179 Eur -
instead of 200 Eur - discount has been officially announced over 14 days ago.
http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/48791.htm

Regards,

Ben