 Trains / 16970
  Rare brick models

Well, with another visit to Legoland Windsor coming up, I thought it was about time I showed some pictures of what I've done with the rare bricks I picked up at the last one. So, first up is a non-train actually. It's some light-blue and some 1-wide (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Rare brick models

Doh! Now I'm going to have to come up with some original ideas! Nice box, Jason. And that fish is so fresh, I can smell it! Is the signal box 'standard' green, or sand green? The low pitched roof is *very* cool. Tony On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Jason J (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) It is the standard green. Unfortunately my camera doesn't do greens very well, even under natural daylight bulbs. It's got this weird idea of colour balancing whereby the overall image has to be, on average, neutral. It's hard to find (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) I really like the signal box -bonus points for the interior details! ;-) The stairs cought my eye, very clever the way the railing is attached to it. I like it! -Frank (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) Like the Fish wagon especially, but the others are good too- just enough detail for the scale. This is ideal display material for the NBLTC layout at the Swindon show. I seem to remember this fish wagon....and another very similar "Prime Pork" (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) I might use a replacement plate-built roof at a public display, as these are seriously rare. Unless I can get some more for spares on the next trip, that is... (...) Very good - although I went with a dark grey roof rather than the white of (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) Jason, Please tell more about the tubs at Legoland (variety, quantity and cost). I have never been to any of the Lego parks. Is it something that is done at all of the parks? Bob (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) Bob - I'm afraid they're not available for sale, and I don't think any parks other than Windsor have done it so far. What happened was we booked a tour of Legoland Windsor through a public/corporate entertainments organiser called "Red Letter (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) Bob - I'm afraid they're not available for sale, and I don't think any parks other than Windsor have done it so far. What happened was we booked a tour of Legoland Windsor through a public/corporate entertainments organiser called "Red Letter (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

I was thinking of a GWR themed signal box, not needed now. Think I'll go for a coaling stage to go with the water tower. Mark "Jason J Railton" <j.j.railton@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:GzuvG8.2Hv@lugnet.com... (...) enough (...) layout at (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rare brick models

(...) Well, technically Oakham was part of the LNER so you could still have a go. Oh, hang on - don't anyone tell that to the Swindon Steam Museaum! Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)