 Trains / 16943 (-10)
  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) It's not too hard. I'm rubbish at soldering - I always overheat things. This worked fairly well though. Heat shrink is easy to use too - just bring it near heat like a haridryer, lighter, or cooker hob to tighten it. You have to lay the reed (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) You are correct, when viewed from the dispatcher/train order/CTC perspective. An engine "running light" is indeed a train from that perspective. However it's not a Super Chief, no matter the paint color. (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

(...) Of course it's a PNLTC first, it's the first PNLTC show I've participated in... But not the first I've contributed to if you count some deals with Steve Barile... :-) This has been a great show so far. I plan on incorporating the wharf section (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: White freight car G10 without breaker's cabin.

(...) ROSCO (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Photos of Shaun Sullivan's creations at BrickFest

Here are some pictures I took of Shaun Sullivan's creations on display at BrickFest: (URL) The full collection of Shaun photos was 85MB at full size, so I batch- resized them resized down to 800x600 resolution for web viewing. Let me know if you (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.military)

  Re: "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

Larry - first off, thanks for the blow by blow coverage of the Lego Direct Q&A. I really enjoyed reading it on Sunday night. Hopefully next year I will be able to attend BrickFest. I saw the scans of the catalog posted by Kevin at (URL) . I'm (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Even though I no longer work fo the NS, they describe a Train as "an engine or more then one engine coupled with or without cars, displaying a marker." It also says see Rule 19 which basically says on single or multiple engine consists, the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

The other part that pains me is the scrape the brick. I'm thinking that since we're building down 20-30 some bricks we can find a way to do this without needing to alter bricks. Haven't thought it all the way through, but for me that would need to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) Unfortunately, due to the way the GMLTC builds modules, there really isn't such a thing as a "quick design change" on our layout... I was looking at some small reed switches at a surplus store this past weekend, I might splurge (around a (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) There could be a problem using these on that return loop. It's all curves, and this sensor looks like it has a rectangular 2x4 plate between the sleepers so it'll only fit on straights. Perhaps there's time for a quick design change John? (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact