 Trains / 16918 (-20)
  White freight car G10 without breaker's cabin.

Hi Folks, I've done a second G10 freight car from Deutsche Reichsbahn. Now without a breaker's cabin. And it is white and uses lots of white jumper bricks. My homepage now has moved to Ozbricks. Thanks to Michael G. from Ozbricks for hosting me and (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Out of curiosity, what was the_most_common configuration of the SFSC? How many cars of each type? How many B-units, if more than one? Pedro (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) I have one in my hand as I type this. It's glued up... so you can't disassemble it to be 100% sure, but it uses 28 stud train bases. There are 2 2x6s stacked (or a 2x6 and 2 1x6s, it varies from car to car and end to end) in dark grey at each (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ATSF warbonnet doodlebug spotted

(...) No sooner said than done: (URL) was cranked out starting at 12:30 AM Thursday and finished at 2:30 AM, went to bed and got up at 5:30 to fly out to BF... that lack of sleep may explain this picture (URL) Friday... still hadn't caught up on (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the problem with retail sales of trains is this...

(...) In the states, we AFOL's wait until 4561 goes on sale, say $65 to $99 tops. (...) I remember visiting a small toy shop with boxes of track about six years ago. I kept waiting for the track to go on sale, it was priced $1 over S@H, but without (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: the problem with retail sales of trains is this...

(...) A nice little bridge or 2 would do wonders! ROSCO (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  the problem with retail sales of trains is this...

All you can get (at least here in .au) is the large, expensive 4561 (here in .au, its not usually on sale but even at some of the sale prices US people talk about, its still expensive compared to e.g. a hogwards castle, republic gunship or most (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) Fairly easy to make your own: 1. Cut a 1m cable in half. 2. Take one half and shorten one of the two wires at the end by two inches. 3. Solder a reed switch to the ends so it lies along the cable. 4. Put some heat shrink over it all. 5. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Looking at dsc01309.jpg in that gallery I see 2 plates on the end, most likely 2*6's. 2 of those on both sides would make it 32*6 with the right height. Jan-Albert van Ree (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  "Lights Shine at a full stop"???

Is this a mis-print or something new? Left side Metroliner headlights. (URL) Shine at a full stop" Dean (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

...and I've just found a gallery by Kevin Loch showing the the new Santa Fe car sets acually being present on Brickfest 2002. (URL) someone of the attendies please elaborate on how the base(plate) of the Santa Fe cars have been constructed to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) For those of you who missed the picture of these sets: (URL) by René Hoffmeister on July 2th 2002, indeed most AFOL's attending this Keynote Speech where not as surpised as LD hoped them to be. It's on of the things that shows what a fertile (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) The two SKUs (stock keeping units) that build the 5 cars. SKU 10025 - Santa Fe cars set 1 (Mail, Baggage) SKU 10022 - Santa Fe cars set 2 (Dining, Observation, Sleeping) Hope that helps. I am going off net for a while to go see these operate (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Brad J Brickfest 2002 Keynote Speech synopsis

(...) Cross posted to trains for information. Props to James!!!! (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

Do you have Directions? I still need to talk to my family members there to see if they'll bring us... BUT if they will I'll try to show up early so that it can run for a while! Hopefully they can drop me off & come back later in the day & get me, (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Cowcatcher Design

(...) Very clever, Shaun-- I can hardly wait for the rest of the engine! But 10 wide??? It's bad enough to have scale drivers for 6 wide let alone 8! We really need some drivers that are the size of the 5571 hubs IMO. I look forward to your (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) I need to invest in some reed sensors to detect the magnets as they go by, the light sensors are just too unreliable under the different lighting conditions. Anyone know a good place to purchase some RCX-compatible reed sensors? "Clever"... (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Beaverton Mall Show Pics are Up!

(...) Hey Steve, Great pictures of your clubhouse! I was wondering if you could give us a little insight on how the PNLTC was able to secure the space. I know that mall space can be quite expensive (especially in Southern Cal) so I was hoping to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: White Pass and Yukon Railway

(...) Another great looking train James. I would love to see how the coaches are constructed. Like how the sides are connected to windows. Also I wasnt able to find any pictures of the real train on the site you provided. Keep up the great work (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

  White Pass and Yukon Railway

My wife just got back from a 2 month driving-journey from New Mexico to Alaska and back. She was kind to acknowledge my passion for modeling trains as she took a few photos of some trains she saw in Alaska. One of which was the White Pass and Yukon (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact