 Trains / 16334
  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) Very nice, Dirk! That window arrangment reminds me of a Baldwin "babyface". (URL) (that first pic is a Centipede but the cabwork is the same for the babyface...). I had trouble finding other pics but the babyface got its nickname because it (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

Here's a better picture of a centipede which shows the strong cab window resemblance, at least to me: (URL) out all those wheels. Centipedes never wore warbonnet I don't think, Baldwin seems to have better penetration among eastern roads. Now if we (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

(...) perhaps if he did the same idea with older 2x4 classic windows? (...) lol Ross had started a shark nose about 3 years ago using those gray inverted boat bases: (URL) , but he quickly tired of the project. Perhaps because the element locked (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe 8 wide

For all you potential railfans out there, the Baldwin Centipede was purchased by only three railroads. Owners were Pennsy, Seaboard Air Line, and NdeM (National Railways of Mexico) UP had considered an order, but unfortunately declined. Interesting (...) (22 years ago, 4-May-02, to lugnet.trains)