 Trains / 1624
Re: Diesel F Series A & B Units (was Re: Deisel F Series A & B Units
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 12:43:53 GMT

Thanks for the comments.

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Very nice. It says "F" to me. Some comments.

Nose needs work. The coupler makes it look too bulky.

I can see what you're saying about the front coupler and will certainly give
it some work.

Also, dunno about the nose deck, something there doesn't quite look
right. Try using a single layer of tiles instead of two layers of
plates.

The pictures don't show it very clearly, but I was trying to give the nose an
inclined look as it approached the windshield.  I'll give your idea a try.

I like the simulated doors, you may want to just set them back 1/2 brick
if you didn't already.

I used 1x2x3 thin wall pieces to get that dropped in look.

What's with the single red roof brick? Did UP
have a vertical stripe there??

The red stripe arcs across the roof in the original and the roof right above
the cab is yellow.  Alas, I wish LEGO made a train cab roof in yellow, for
without it you just can't get the proper effect.

I favor faucet handles mounted in 1x1 with
top clips.

I like this idea and have seen your "stuff" which, by the way, is awe
inspiring!

All in all, a very nice model. Now you just need 50 yellow train windows
to build a nice passenger consist for it to pull.

I salivate at the very thought!  Thank you for all your help

PS it's Diesel, not deisel...

Early morning dyslexic typo,
Brian