 Trains / 1623
Re: Trolley doors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 05:18:58 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote:

[1]  It *can* be done, just not at minifig scale, and who wants to build
trains to Technic Fig size.  (Well... me, but the lack of wheels, track and
size restrictions inside the house prevent that.)

Mike, come to the 8 wide side! [1]  And from there, heaven awaits us in ten wide
utopia;-) [2]

-John

[1] <Mike, I am your father>;-)
[2]  Hmmm "Ten wide utopia"  Sounds like a band from Legopolooza!  Tom, my wheels
are spinning..;-)

In lugnet.trains, Leanne Opaskar writes:
Hiya!

      I'm working on a model of the San Diego Trolley, and am trying to
figure out how best to emulate the doors on the trolley. They're a sort
of gull-wing type in that they pop out from the trolley before sliding
to the side.

      Has anyone experimented with doing this style of door before? If so, is
there a website where I can check out your work? I'm having some trouble
figuring out how to do it.

      If I can't figure out how to do this, I'll probably end up
experimenting with sliding doors, which is relatively straightforward
with some of the pieces from the Gungan Sub, but I'd really like to try
to get the pop-out to work.

              ==Leanne

Leanne Opaskar                         lopaskar@san.rr.com