 Trains / 16103 (-20)
  James' new and real trains

Hi James, you did it and built the cad-known trains in real. Must be a nice feeling to see them as ABS-MOC in front of you?? Very nice, my favorite is the ICE with the Live on Mars window. Nice work, as ever! (URL) and 1000grüße HoMa P.S. The (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NBLTC

(...) train (...) else (...) I built a three-tone grey railfreight liveried 56 (grid iron!), a parcels liveried coach (red, two yellow stripes) and some freightliner flats with simple containers. I haven't photographed them yet though. (23 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) HA! I used to think I didn't have any more gray tiles. Then I discovered the many uses of hiding printed tiles. "They're the bomb, baby!" later, James Mathis (23 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) (URL) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) I took some pictures of my real-brick-build of this locomotive, as well. It's not *exactly* like the CAD version: (URL) Mathis (23 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) Thanks James, I've started modifing the front and rear ends, so that the magnets don't shear apart. As it moves around a corner it looks a bit funny. I will take a few pics tonight and post them. Aaron (...) (23 years ago, 11-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego creates a LEGO Train Club Foundation

Thanks for clarifying, Jake. Okay, so now tell us more about this new TEGO Foundation we've been hearing so much about... <sorry, Ahui>;^D -John (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: First Australian Lego Train show.

(...) That looks like a great start- I can't wait to see how you do at the show. I'll expect more pics in early May! -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego creates a LEGO Train Club Foundation

(...) OK, to clarify: foundation = basis for growth (e.g. concrete foundation a house is built on) *not* Foundation = Formal Organization (e.g. National Science Foundation) PS: Sorry to post this "unofficially" outside of lugnet.lego.direct, but I (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego creates a Tego Train Club Foundation

(...) Cool. I am just guessing here, but I don't *think* its a 'Foundation' in the formal sense of the word (like organization, etc). More of a foundation, like a footing, basis, for dealing with LTCs. I could be totally off base, but this is what I (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Lego creates a Tego Train Club Foundation

See this post for more info... (URL) from the words of Jake himself... -Ahui (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: SFSC - Photoware - JM design

(...) I have real-built this locomotive myself, but I've been too lazy to photograph it. Perhaps I should, now. (...) I'd like to render some of the instruction steps to show how the couplers are attached to the 9v motor rather than the body work. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: james mathis's auto carrier

(...) Not at all. I hope it real-brick builds well for you. I haven't near the pieces in color and quantity to build the body work for this auto carrier. I've only real-built the platform v1 as seen here: (URL) is a .mpd MLCad file here, as well. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NELUG at 04/06 - 04/07 Greenberg show (Plus some bonus footage).

(...) most (...) Yes they are, other bits of Americana on the layout include a KFC and a Dunkin Donuts. All 4 were done by Tom Duggan. We were a little upset with Tom for not getting any advertising revenue for these though... ;-) Eric Kingsley (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains)

  First Australian Lego Train show.

Here is a sneak preview of the BUGS (Brisbane lego Users Group) train setup. The real show is in 4 weeks time, 4th to the 6th of May, a first for Australia, having lego at a model trian show. see the link below. (URL) please note the setup is not (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  SFSC - Photoware - JM design

First off i must send a great well done to James, for his very inspirational designs. I really loved the SFSC variation you created. I loved it so much so I set about modifing my SF to create yours. I didn't do that bad, and the result was pretty (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F7 is completed

(...) Actually, the DUPLO® trains are 6-wide, I didn't know if I wanted to call it an F-unit or a Baldwin 'Babyface" though. -Harvey (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  james mathias's auto carrier

AAAggh james you... ya beat me to an autorack design... but yours is the ttx articulated one (SMILE..) i am going to see if i can make a single 89' one james do you mind if i incorpirate your design for the autorack? (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F7 is completed

(...) And Brad said at BricksWest that TLC would never produce 8 wide trains...;-) -John (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F7 is completed

(...) Wow- did you model all those curves with basic bricks only? You did such a great job that it's hard to judge scale. It looks sooo smooth, I can't quite tell if this is the real thing or if it is only, say... 2 1/2 inches wide. -- Tony Hafner (...) (23 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact