 Trains / 15868
Re: How to make a plow!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 05:49:30 GMT

Josh,
I don't do trains myself - no room. But when I read your post on Lugnet, a
vinatge piece came to mind. I looked it up on Peeron & it is available in a
year 2000 set. Have you tried this piece?

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/30022

I'm thinking using this piece flat to form the V, then adding tiles to form
the plow. You could use 2x2 tiles for height. You could also use 1xn tiles,
which could be off-set by 1/2 stud - place the poles of the tile into the
holes of the studs. Using 1x2 tiles vertically (centering in the holes as
above) could also yield an interesting look. The top could be finished into
a older style cow catcher using two 1x3 slopes on the middle studs and two
1x2 slopes on the outer ones.

HTH,
Clark

In lugnet.trains, Josh Baakko writes:
After MANY, MANY, MANY tries I still have not managed to build a good
looking Loco Pilot plow!  Has anyone suceeded?
Thanks for any help that comes in!
Josh