 Trains / 15736
Re: Pics: Pennsylvania 0-4-0T tank engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 17:07:11 GMT

James Mathis wrote:

Admittedly, I've never noticed a locomotive like this before.
The image that shows the profiles of both your LEGO model and that of the
schematic is striking!  The scale and call-out of all the distinctive
element features is excellent.

Thanks, James.

Yeah, it's a small loco (they don't get much smaller!)  It doesn't even have
a tender-- hence the "T" in the name designation for "Tank", but that made
it easier to model (I thought that that would make producing it cheaper
still).  It's tough to find pics of the real thing, because everyone likes
big locos instead, but here is one I dug up:
http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/prr5076.jpg

-John

later,
James Mathis

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes:
Here is a little tanker I built about a year ago and never posted.  The
exercise for me was to create the most realistic looking MOC that could
also be produced as a set by TLC.  I also wanted to include in the set a
bunch of "train goodies", so that it would be a great source for highly
desirable parts (imagine the 1x2x2 classic windows in the MOC *black*,
and the smoke stack black as well).  I built it with a motor, but it
could come without and if they sold it for $25 (it has a little over 200
pieces), I think it would be a great deal.

I call it Number 11 (on a scale of 1 to 10 for realism....wink, wink Tap
fans:-)  You can't see it very well, but I even built it with a working
furnace door:-)

Anyway, check out all of the cool parts that *could* be produced!

-John