 Trains / 15588
    HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei —Larry Pieniazek
   This shot: (URL) Photoshopped?(1) Knowing the riff raff that HoMa hangs out with (2) I have my doubts. But I'm not 100% certain it's a spoof. It COULD make the front page of the paper, who knows (although I had no idea Namibia had a German paper... (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei —Alan Demlow
      (...) Namibia is a former German colony (and their only in Africa, if I recall correctly), isn't it? That would make it more surprising to me if they didn't have a German paper than if they did. Alan (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei —Thomas Main
     (...) Well, I'm not sure whether or not it's photoshopped, but there IS a newspaper called the Allgemeine Zeitung. According to Ulrich's Periodicals Directory, it's the oldest daily paper in Namibia. -- Thomas Main thomasmain@hotmail.com (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei —Reinhard "Ben" Beneke
     (...) All I gave as forecast in the beginning of 2002 has been the statement, that there would be no new train sets released in 2002. Again a huge disinformation..... Ashes on my head for that. (I simply believed the guy from TLC who told me so). (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Well so far he's been right. There have *been* no new train sets released from the mothership. Only good stuff from the skunkworks that is LD. That it appears that some of them were designed by the same designer (but in a "free of mothership (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: HoMa and the Trans Namib, part Zwei —Holger Matthes
   Hi Larry, no, it's mot "photoshoped". I really would wish to be able to do such things with Photoshop. But the newspaper is **real**. Even if the german influence in Namibia - former South West Africa - lasted just 30 years and it's a long time ago, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)