 Trains / 15533 (-5)
  MOC of B Unit for my SFSC

I just got done (untill I get another SFSC) building my B unit. And much like many other people its the natural thing to do once getting the SFSC. I only used my current brick to make this cause I only have one Super Chief. So I was able to make a (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F unit Roof Shot: Flatter curve than you'd think

(...) True, but people, even people who claim knowledge levels such that they should know better, keep making this very grating mistake. Back to the roof topic, I did some studying of prototype drawings and I think the curvature of the roof (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F unit Roof Shot: Flatter curve than you'd think

(...) I seem to recall reading that the Super Chief was occasionally pulled with F45s, so the F7s can't really be considered part of the train - just it's usual motive power. I get the impression Sante Fe tended to consider "Super Chief" to relate (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Gondola, Boxcar and new Locomotive!

All, I completed some new designs a while back and am just now getting around to posting them on my site. There is an older style boxcar, a gondola, and a revised/improved version of my modern North American freight locomotive. There are (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: F unit Roof Shot: Flatter curve than you'd think

(...) They may be locomotives "currently assigned" to *pulling* the Super Chief, but it was not Santa Fe practice (or hardly any other US road, either) to assign specific locomotives to specific trains, except in the very very beginning of delivery (...) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact